How are we protecting our visitors and staff?
COVID-19 has thrown up a mass of new things to consider in terms of your health and safety. Here are some of the things we are doing to keep everyone safe.
Staying safe, hygienic & socially distant
- We have marked out a one-way route through the building, entering via Staithe Street and leaving through Jickling’s Yard.
- Social distancing to 2m will be implemented where possible. We have reduced our indoor seating to accommodate this.
- All the staff are taking temperature checks before they report for work. We’re also washing our hands regularly and thoroughly, as always.
- Foot-operated hand sanitiser stations are placed at convenient locations for you to use.
- We’ve increased our cleaning routines throughout the building.
- Surfaces, door handles, taps and toilets are cleaned every 2 hours.
- The ladies and downstairs accessible toilets are now both unisex, and are the only toilets available to the public. This allows us time to clean them more thoroughly.
- Toilets are limited to customer use only, and cubicles have been blocked off to allow space in between.
Café & Visitor Information
- Open sugar containers and bottles of condiment have been replaced with single use sachets.
- Café menus are single use, printed on recyclable paper.
- Crockery and utensils are given an extra sterilising after washing.
- Sneeze screens have been installed at the VIC and all along the bar where you’ll be ordering. These are cleaned twice a day.
- Card payments only, preferably contactless where possible.
- Tables have been placed at safe distances and are sanitised after every use.
- We have created a new outside seating area, at the back of the Maltings building, which is also dog friendly. This area is open Fri-Sun.