How are we protecting our visitors and staff?
COVID-19 has thrown up a mass of new things to consider in terms of your health and safety. Here are some of the things we are doing to keep everyone safe.
Staying safe, hygienic & socially distant
- We have marked out a one-way route through the building, entering via Staithe Street and leaving through Jickling’s Yard.
- Face coverings are now required to be worn across our building. This excludes when seated in the café – but applies everywhere else, without
- Social distancing to 2m will be implemented. We have reduced our indoor seating to accommodate this.
- All the staff are taking temperature checks before they report for work. We’re also washing our hands regularly and thoroughly, as always.
- Foot-operated hand sanitiser stations are placed at convenient locations for you to use.
- We’ve increased our cleaning routines throughout the building.
- Our procedures for booking and attending events are set out under Booking Information
- Seating plans and layouts are at 2m distance, and set up for social groups (max 4 in our case)
- We have restored our raked seating, so the seating plan reflects our traditional layout now
- Face coverings are mandatory for all theatre and gallery attenders
- If you wish to order preshow drinks and snacks, please take a seat in our bar and your order will be taken there
- On the night sales are no longer offered. All tickets must be purchased by 3pm on the day
- Surfaces, door handles, taps and toilets are cleaned every 2 hours.
- The ladies and downstairs accessible toilets are now both unisex, and are the only toilets available to the public. This allows us time to clean them more thoroughly.
- Toilets are limited to customer use only, and cubicles have been blocked off to allow space in between.
Café & Visitor Information
- Open sugar containers and bottles of condiment have been replaced with single use sachets.
- Café menus are single use, printed on recyclable paper.
- Crockery and utensils are given an extra sterilising after washing.
- Sneeze screens have been installed at service points, and all staff wear face coverings.
- Card payments only, preferably contactless where possible.
- Tables have been placed at safe distances and are sanitised after every use.
- We have created a new outside seating area, at the back of the Maltings building, which is also dog friendly. This area is open Fri-Sun.
- We now offer table service only. We will find a table for you, and take your order there.
- We fully participate in the Test and Trace scheme, and you must give us your details when visiting our café. We display QR codes for you to link straight to the NHS site for this purpose if you wish.